As a medical spa or other local wellness business, having an optimized website is essential for gaining visibility in local searches. Local SEO refers to optimizing your website so that it appears higher in search engine results when people type queries specific to a geographic area. This includes optimizing content and building backlinks from other websites located near you. By taking advantage of local SEO techniques, medical spas can ensure their websites are seen by potential customers who may be looking for services they provide in the area. Furthermore, this can also help establish credibility among existing and new customers as they know that your business has taken steps to become more visible online.
Optimize for Google My Business
- Create and verify a Google My Business page.
- Add photos and videos of the services you provide, as well as links to your website, social media profiles, email addresses, and phone numbers.
- Use Google Posts within your account to promote posts and services that you think will engage customers on social media (such as coupons or exclusive offers).
- Encourage customers to leave reviews online by providing them with the opportunity to do so when they visit your medical spa in person.
Engage on social media and add posts to Google My Business.
Use your Google My Business page to engage with customers, and post updates about your business that are relevant to the city you operate in. Don’t be afraid of oversharing—your followers want to know what’s going on in your neighborhood!
Add posts to your website as well. If people can’t find information easily, they’ll go elsewhere for their services—and that’s bad news for both you and the local economy.
Ensure your name, address, and phone number are consistent online.
Ensure your business name, address, and phone number are consistent across all of your online listings. This makes it easier for people and search engines to find you and your business. If you have multiple locations, make sure that each one has its own unique listing instead of lumping them together under a single URL.
Perform a local SEO audit – or hire us to do it for you.
Performing a local SEO audit is an important first step in improving your rankings. This process will help you identify and fix any local SEO issues that may be hurting your campaign, so it’s a great place to start when working on your website.
As mentioned above, local SEO can be an ongoing process. You’ll need to regularly check in with Google, continue improving your site’s content and structure, monitor the competition around you (and make sure they’re not outranking you), and keep track of how well each new addition to your business performs.
Improve your internal linking structure.
Improving your internal linking structure is another way to improve local SEO rankings. This can be done by ensuring that the majority of links point to your most important or popular pages and services, as well as linking out to relevant resources on external sites.
This helps support website navigation, assists with information architecture and website hierarchy, distributes page authority and ranking power among pages (particularly when you link from less important pages), offers a user-friendly experience for visitors, helps search engines identify related topics within a site’s content, increases backlinks (which improves overall rankings), drives targeted traffic to valuable pages of both high-authority low-competition domains.
Optimize URL, title tags, headers, meta description, and content.
To get the most out of your content and make it as SEO-friendly as possible, there are some best practices that you should follow. Here’s a quick rundown of some key things to keep in mind:
- URLs should be short, descriptive, and keyword-rich. Using your keywords in the URL helps search engines understand what the page is about. For example, if you are writing about how to improve local SEO rankings, then use this as part of your URL structure: “how-to-improve-your-local-seo-rankings”. The more specific you can get here without being too long or weird looking is ideal!
- Title tags should be descriptive and include keywords. This is important because it gives people an idea of what they will find when they click on that link in Google’s search results while also helping search engine algorithms place them higher up on relevant results pages (depending on how many times those words appear). So make sure that each title tag includes three lines: one for brand name recognition; one for topic; one with keywords…and so on until all titles are complete! Or maybe just show off what makes YOU unique instead? 😉
- Headers should also include keywords where possible—this way users can see which topics belong together before reading any further content within each section/page etcetera…and then maybe go back later once they’ve finished reading everything else! 🙂
Now that you have a better understanding of how to optimize your local SEO, it’s time to get started. The most important thing is to do this regularly, so if you haven’t already done so, set up an audit schedule for yourself. This way you can keep track of what needs improvement and when those improvements should be made regarding your online presence.
We offer SEO audits as well as monthly Local SEO optimization services. As a spa or salon owner, you are busyyyy and often these things continue to fall to the bottom of the To-Do list. Let us handle your online presence so you can continue to do what you love and are great at.
Book your SEO audit today and take the first step towards improving your Local SEO rankings.